About Me: Biography|
Posted Mar 22, 2008 - 10:27 AM
Email this to a friend Print this story
As a teacher and health care provider, my greatest joy is seeing my clients heal and grow.
I’m Luna Jordan, a certified yoga therapist, yoga teacher, and licensed massage therapist with a master's degree in psychology emphasizing mindfulness. I follow the teachings of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya, the Indian yoga teacher, ayurvedic healer, and scholar often called “the father of modern yoga.”
My mission is to help clients optimize their health through individualized yoga therapy, group classes, massage therapy, or a combination thereof. Many clients come through my door seeking relief from specific medical issues. While we focus on reducing the effects of these ailments in my classes and/or private sessions, my clients also reap the rewards of stress reduction, improved memory, and insight into the mind-body connection. Frequently, clients who initially came to me for individual yoga therapy choose to continue their practice through my classes and workshops, graduating to more advanced breath work and movement, visualization, Vedic chanting, and meditation.
As a massage therapist, I offer the following:
- Structural Integration—properly aligning the body to reduce the impact of gravity on joints and muscles
- Myofascial Release—relaxing contracted muscles
- Neuromuscular Therapy-releasing trigger points
- Swedish massage—a technique helpful in reducing pain and joint stiffness
- Reflexology—a type of foot massage helpful in balancing organ function and structural integration
- Master's Degree in Psychology emphasizing mindfulness research, 2016
- Certified Yoga Therapist, C-IAYT, with the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Licensed Massage Therapist, or LMT
- Registered as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (ERYT-500)
- Registered as Continuing Education Provicer with Yoga Alliance (YACEP)
- B.S. Communication Disorders with an emphasis in psychology, University of Houston, 1988.
I have also studied with:
- Chase Bossart, senior teacher and director of therapy and education, Healing Yoga Foundation, San Francisco, CA
- Tias Little, Founder of Prajna Yoga, Santa Fe, NM
- Sonia Nelson, certified teacher trainer and director of the Vedic Chant Center, Santa Fe, NM
- Robin Rothenberg, certified yoga therapist and teacher trainer, Essential Yoga Therapy, Fall City, WA
- Fran Ubertini, certified yoga therapist and teacher trainer, Yoga for Well-Being, Florida, NY